How to download and install SipXpose
● x86-compatible PC running on Linux (Ubuntu Server 16.04 strongly recommended)
● min. 4GB Memory
● connection to public internet to retrieve a free License-Key
● "configuration of a monitoring"-port on your IP network switch
CISCO calls it "SPAN"
EXTREME-NETWORKS names it "mirroring"
Download and Installation:
Ubuntu 16.04 Server is strongly recommended
As there, you already have Mysql 5.7, and the proper PHP and Apache versions included.
During the installation process choose the installation option "LAMP Server"
● change to the directory where you want sipxpose to be installed:
● download "sipxpose1.0.4.tar.gz":
sudo wget http://sipxpose.com/sipxpose1.0.4.tar.gz
● install libmysqlclient20:
sudo apt-get install libmysqlclient20
● unpack the archive:
sudo tar xvf sipxpose1.0.4.tar.gz
● change directory:
● copy the content of directory "var_www_html" to the "www-dir" of your Apache webserver.
Most likely this will be "/var/www/html/".
sudo cp var_www_html/*.* /var/www/html/
● run the installation-script to create the SipXpose-Database on MySQL
sudo ./install_db.sh <mysql-password>
(ignore the warnings)
● change settings in /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf
echo "max_heap_table_size=500M" | sudo tee -a /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf
● restart mysql-server
sudo service mysql restart
you may now start the SipXpose-application:
sudo ./sipxpose <interface-number>or
sudo ./sipxpose <interface-number> &(starts in background)
When started for the first time, the application will retrieve a free license from the license-server and store it as a file ("sipprobe.lic") in your installation-directory. The software will not run on other hardware or on a missing or invalid license-file.
Finally start your webbrowser to access the sipxpose-GUI
http://<IP-address of your sipxpose-server>